The STAR Award recognizes University Staff, limited-term employees and project appointment employees who have distinguished themselves by their commitment to excellence in their performance above and beyond the expectations of their position and responsibilities.
- Current University Staff, limited-term employees and project appointment employees who are at least 50 percent FTE and have worked at the University of Wisconsin Oshkosh for at least six months are eligible for the Award.
- Not received the award in the last 36 months.
- Demonstrated commitment to the University by virtue of outstanding performance in support of the University’s goals; i.e. special projects, creative ideas, exceptional support of others, etc.
- Be nominated by University personnel and/or students, no self-nominations.
- Individuals must have performed above and beyond the expectations of their assigned position and responsibilities.
Nominations – All University personnel and students can nominate and can do so at any time. The Awards & Recognition Committee may also solicit for nominations.
Selection Committee – The Awards and Recognition Committee reviews the nominations.
Procedure – As soon as a nomination is received, it is distributed to committee members. The committee chair(s) will confirm eligibility. The nominator will be notified if the employee is ineligible. Eligible nominations will be evaluated by the committee based on the listed criteria. If the nominee is evaluated and is determined “not qualified” based on the criteria, the nominator(s) will be notified of the committee’s decision along with rationale for the decision. The nomination will not remain on file for consideration. If the nominee is evaluated to be qualified based on the criteria, the nomination will remain on file for nine months. The STAR Award can be awarded once a month.
Award – The precipitant will receive a framed certificate signed by the Chancellor, the applicable supervisor and the chair(s) of the Awards Committee. They will also receive a commemorative gold star pin and a gift certificate from University Books & More. They will also get a reserved parking spot for the specific STAR Award winners for the month they won (not transferable to another month) at a location mutually agreed upon by the employee and the UW Oshkosh Parking Director. A plate engraved with the winner’s name and month of win will be placed on a plaque that is hung in the Administrative Building. A picture of the winner and nomination information will be placed on the USC website.
Presentation – When an award is given, the chair(s) of the Awards Committee will arrange a presentation.
If you have any questions, please contact the committee co-chairs.